Monday, May 4, 2009

American Idol Viewer's Guide - Rock n' Roll!

THE GOLDEN FOUR!



As we move in to the top four this week. Let us not forget the original top four American Idols from the 80’s, The Golden Girls.

We hope that Adam is taking a break from practicing whatever Axel Rose number he is obsessing over, and does a memorial cabaret review for Bea Arthur as good ol’ Maude himself. Adam would make the perfect Dorothy and look amazing in the long jacket and shoulder pads.




Danny, as the safe and reliable Sophia with the classic trademark glasses.



Kris, as the oversexed and hot-to-trot Blanche. Although Kris is happily married and a committed relationship, Idol fans do secretly wish he would dump the young wife and become available to the masses.



AND… Allison as the adorable and impressionable Rose. The misunderstood big mouth with the heart of gold.



Just like in the 80’s when that dynamic quartet got us through acid wash jeans and the Reagan years, Our idols, will give us a couple hours break from Swine Flu and Craigslist Killers.

We love you Idol...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go home Gokey!

Will said...

What does it say about today's music that the most recently written song during Rock & Roll week was from the 70s?

Derick said...

Never been an Adam fan, but gotta admit he KILLED it tonight for Rock Week. Without peer this evening.

Before the show, I assumed it was Kris's turn to hit the road. But the fact that Danny actually made me laugh opens things up a bit, since he could easily go home for Dream On.

Hang in there, Alli!

Anonymous said...

Adam was amazing! I really enjoyed the duets....Adam and Allison were great together and seemed so genuine. Kris and Danny, on the other hand, seemed as though they were competing against each other in their duet. Fun addition to the show.

Not sure who needs to go home...Danny??

Unknown said...

What a terrible disappointment after last week's great show. I thought Allison and Adam's duet was the only truly good performance of the night. Danny was really bad, but I hope it doesn't send him home - I think he deserves to be around for a while.

For all of you Adam fans out there, I need to ask you this:

When you put aside the fact that he has a crazy range and is the most creative contestant this season, would you actually want to listen to a whole album of his?

shelly g. said...

thank you emily - well said.

shelly g. said...

well, the last part of your post anyway.

danny sounded like my nephew when he screams in time-out. and i was unable to concentrate on the singing in adam and allison's duet because i was distracted by the sock in adam's striped leather tights.

Todd said...

Shelly, I would buy a Adam Lambert CD. I love his voice.

shelly g. said...

todd - the engagement is off. your ring is in adam's pants.