
AI HQ LOVES Bon Jovi, and we can't be more excited that he is running this week's Master Class.
Will Beekman wrote in to tell us that his favorite Bon Jovi memory:
I saw Bon Jovi play as an Asbury Juke with Southside Johnny at Tradewinds in Sea Bright somewhere around 1998. Southside's set rocked and Bon Jovi simply said "All my life I wanted to be a Juke, and now I have the chance". Then he just jammed with the band and never upstaged Southside. It was one of the best live shows I've ever seen.
And Brian Soucek says this:
I saw Bon Jovi hanging out at a hotel in Chicago and recognized him instantly. He's awesome. I love him.
And Adele Beekman says this:
Bon Jovi is incredible. I wish he would run for president. Of my heart.
Of course, to those of you not lucky enough to grow up in the heart of New Jersey in the 80s and 90s, Bon Jovi will always be the hair band that brought back smiling to music videos. Before Bon Jovi hit the market, the rock hair bands of the early 80s sneered into the camera. Bon Jovi changed all that, and the bands that followed have Jon Bon Jovi to thank.
But to those of you who grew up in Jersey, this is what you think of Bon Jovi he rocks. His voice rocks. Richie Sambora rocks. Bon Jovi's lyrics, though.....well, they need a little work.
Here's the song Bon Jovi will be playing on Wednesday. He's going country!!!!
And here is our favorite Bon Jovi song.....now let me describe this live performance....it starts with a piano playing over Bon Jovi breathlessly introducing the meaning of the song, and then he counts off 4 before the whole thing takes off....and the meaning of the song? It's about a a bunch of kids who were friends, grew up together, and now although they've grown apart, they're still family because of their shared childhood. I MEAN COME ON! Bon Jovi has one person to thank for his career.
So, wikipedia tells us that this will be "rock" week with Bon Jovi, so we're guessing it won't be explicitly "Bon Jovi" week. And that's a good thing, right?
However, you have to wonder exactly what is going to qualify as rock this week....Chris might be able to pull something off, and Jordin should be strong, but I'm pretty skeptical of everyone else - LaKisha has been making horrible decisions the last few weeks, Blake can't do anything "rock" - he's much more "alternative" edging on adult contemporary, I highly doubt Melinda will rock (although I'm sure she'll sound like a million bucks), and the closest thing Phil has done to rock, "Tobacco Road", just wasn't believable. Here's that clip again to refresh your memory.
Then again, we were pleasantly surprised on country week, so maybe this will rock after all!
Enjoy!
The Master

4 comments:
ok I didn't say that. Although it's semi true. I did see Bon Jovi at a private concert at RFH though, and the school said you couldn't take pictures but Bon Jovi said go ahead. Soooo sweet.
also, I used to have pictures of Bon Jovi plastered all over my room growing up. I saw him one night at Crazee's and I got so excited I passed out. He's dreamy.
as Adele's father, I can tell you that we've spent many years enduring Adele's Bon Jovi phase, and we're hopeful she is coming out of it now at age 21. At age 12 it was cute. Now it's just disturbing.
Chris rocked on Wanted Dead or Alive...last year. This year it sucked.
Post a Comment